This morning I had the pleasure of talking with KPFA 94.1 Morning Show host Andrea Lewis and Coach Lindy Vivas about Title IX and discrimination in college athletics. KPFA is a Pacifica affiliate broadcasting in Berkeley and Fresno. An archive of the show is here.
After the show, I received a nice email from a listener who is an advocate for girls' baseball in the Bay Area. His website is here.
An interdisciplinary resource for news, legal developments, commentary, and scholarship about Title IX, the federal statute prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in federally funded schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad investigations
The more I learn about the ins and outs of Title IX (and Title VI) investigations, the more pessimistic I become about the ability of these...
-
Three former employees of Feather River College (Quincy, California) pressed their Title IX retaliation claims at a two-week hearing before...
-
The NCAA has come out with a very clear position on sexual relationships between coaches and student-athletes. They are wrong. They are a ...
-
In one of the more curious things I have seen in regard to Title IX rule-making, the Department of Energy is attempting to issue a change t...
1 comment:
The more informative web site that we host is:
http://www.girlsplaybaseball.org
Other baseball for girls and women advocacy sites include:
American Women's Baseball Federation:
http://www.awbf.org
BaseBall for All:
http://www.baseballglory.com
Post a Comment