Training Rules, the documentary about Rene Portland's anti-lesbian policies and the case brought against her and Penn State by former Lion Jennifer Harris, is screening tomorrow evening (Wednesday, June 24) at 7pm at the Walker Art Center. The movie, which will be followed by Football Under Cover, a documentary about Iranian women's soccer, is part of the Walker's Queer Takes film series.
Check out this column about the film.
An interdisciplinary resource for news, legal developments, commentary, and scholarship about Title IX, the federal statute prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in federally funded schools.
Bad investigations
The more I learn about the ins and outs of Title IX (and Title VI) investigations, the more pessimistic I become about the ability of these...
-
Three former employees of Feather River College (Quincy, California) pressed their Title IX retaliation claims at a two-week hearing before...
-
The NCAA has come out with a very clear position on sexual relationships between coaches and student-athletes. They are wrong. They are a ...
-
In one of the more curious things I have seen in regard to Title IX rule-making, the Department of Energy is attempting to issue a change t...