An interdisciplinary resource for news, legal developments, commentary, and scholarship about Title IX, the federal statute prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in federally funded schools.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Delaware State sued over equestion cut
As Erin subtly foreshadowed last month in her post about Delaware State cutting men's tennis and women's equestrian because of budget issues, a lawsuit has been filed. It is not by a current member of the equestrian team but by a Canadian who signed a letter of intent to ride for DSU next year. She found out the program had been cut via Facebook. More to follow, I am sure.
Bad investigations
The more I learn about the ins and outs of Title IX (and Title VI) investigations, the more pessimistic I become about the ability of these...
-
Three former employees of Feather River College (Quincy, California) pressed their Title IX retaliation claims at a two-week hearing before...
-
The NCAA has come out with a very clear position on sexual relationships between coaches and student-athletes. They are wrong. They are a ...
-
In one of the more curious things I have seen in regard to Title IX rule-making, the Department of Energy is attempting to issue a change t...