Women's Hoops Blog is reporting that the October 17th issue of CosmoGirl features an article about Jennifer Harris, the former Penn State player with a Title IX lawsuit pending against Coach Rene Portland.
I'm curious what the magazine has to say about the case, particularly how it addresses the issues of gender, race, and sexual orientation that are at play. Anyone who's read it is invited to post!
An interdisciplinary resource for news, legal developments, commentary, and scholarship about Title IX, the federal statute prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex in federally funded schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad investigations
The more I learn about the ins and outs of Title IX (and Title VI) investigations, the more pessimistic I become about the ability of these...
-
Three former employees of Feather River College (Quincy, California) pressed their Title IX retaliation claims at a two-week hearing before...
-
The NCAA has come out with a very clear position on sexual relationships between coaches and student-athletes. They are wrong. They are a ...
-
In one of the more curious things I have seen in regard to Title IX rule-making, the Department of Energy is attempting to issue a change t...
No comments:
Post a Comment